Have you ever thought about something you wanted to do or be? Are you like me who’s tried various things, only to either fall short or just plain screw up? Worst yet, do you then beat yourself up emotionally about it? If so, I want to share my thoughts on 5 reasons you fail to succeed.
- Lack of Persistence – It’s hard to keep up a positive attitude with lots of things. Life happens and we all face unexpected struggles that derail us or cause us to lose focus. We also give up WAY too soon, because the results aren’t happening fast enough for us in life. Perhaps we just get lazy too and lose interest. I encourage you to talk with someone you know that is successful. Read about other successful people. In doing so, you’ll find that people who have found success or been successful in any way, all had to deal with struggles along the way. However, it was their perseverance, no matter the obstacle, that got them through and to the finish line.
- You Don’t Believe It’s Possible – For those of you that have been visiting my website, then your probably familiar with my post titled Never Tell Yourself “You Can’t”. The story of Alex Honnold, a expert mountain climber who recently became the first man ever to climb the famous El Capitan at Yosemite National Park, without the assistance of any safety gear whatsoever. Alex didn’t believe it was possible initially, but he willed himself to do it. He eventually started to believe it was possible and it happened. Far too many people underestimate what they’re capable of doing. It really boils down to just trying. Learning from your failures and continuing to push forward until, eventually, you succeed.
- You Care What Others Think – This is a big problem for almost everyone. There are very few people in this world that march to the beat of their own drummer. People who are truly not concerned with what others think about them. Most importantly, they know and appreciate who they are. Other people’s acceptance or approval is not important, because they fully believe in what they’re doing and passionate about all aspects of their life. That is a key to real freedom. Freedom to be yourself. Freedom to enjoy, focus and pursue all the things that make you happy in life. Isn’t a well live life what it’s all about?
- Afraid to Meet New People – I’m guilty of this one. For me, I just feel uncomfortable meeting new people. That’s odd because if you’ve seen any of my videos, you might have noticed I’m a bit of an extravert at times. Yet only with people I know and am comfortable with. Truth is, if you want to be successful in business or life, getting out and meeting people is key. Networking is one of the best ways to make new contacts and just learn something new that can take you down a path, you may never have considered. Plus, most people generally want to help others. So, if you’re like me and get nervous around others, challenge yourself a little and take a leap of faith and try. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by the results.
- Lack of Accountability – Admit it…you’ve done it before (I know I have)…blamed your problems on someone or something other than you. “It’s not my fault!” How many times have you encountered a situation in life which you believed was completely unfair and just too much to handle, only to give up?“There’s nothing I can do about it.” Ring any bells? Well, it does for me. Fixing the problems you encounter in life has to come from within. You have empower yourself to get over the hurdles you face. Taking responsibility for what happens to you (or your part in it) is the first step to empowering all aspects of your life. That means that sometimes you need to take a good hard look in the mirror and be honest with yourself. If you don’t take responsibility for what happens to you, you will always fail.
Whatever your stage of life, it is never too late to shoot for the things you want, enjoy or desire. Life is about searching and attaining what makes you happy. Look at me for example, I wanted to start a conversation with like minded people. Create a community where people can share and express their ideas. Maybe even make a friend or two along the way. But it takes work and that’s the point…anything worthwhile in life requires work. These are just my top 5 things to remember so that you don’t sabotage yourself throughout your journey. I’d love and appreciate if you share your thoughts as well.